Wafer Cleaning Solutions
Wafer Cleaning Solutions for Critical Wet Processing Applications for Semiconductor, MEMs, LED, and III-V Compound
RENA’s goal is to partner with its customers in creating and developing wet processing solutions that effectively serve their customer’s needs.
Through our innovative patented technologies and field-proven processing solutions, RENA offers reliable, consistent results for many of the difficult and critical wet processing applications. To complement RENA’s advanced Wet Processing Solutions and advanced Wet Bench platforms, RENA brings a philosophy that is founded on customer commitment. Each and every product we offer is built on Commitment.
Contact us for a consultation to help with your critical Wet Processing Challenges.
Features and Benefits:
- Field-Proven Solutions for:
- RCA Clean
- Surface Pre-clean
- Piranha Etch-Clean
- FOEL Clean
- BOEL Clean
SC1 (RCA Organic/Particle Clean)
Standard Clean 1 Solution includes:
- Quartz Construction Megasonic
- 22-75o C Temp control w/inline heater
- Filter recirculation
- Chemical bulk fill w/ Spiking capability
- Auto Lid
- Cooldown reservoir w/level and Temp monitor
SC2 (RCA Organic/Particle Clean)
RCA (Clean – Si Wafer clean)
RCA Solution features:
- Low operating costs due to lower DI water usage and efficient chemical consumption
- Tight process controls driven by RENA IDX Automation Software.
- Marangoni Drying or Vapor Drying
BEoL Clean (Back End of Line Clean)
Plasma-stripping photoresist mask and impurities after pattern etching
- Post-stripping first cleaning step using an organic solvent or aqueous/organic solvent mixtures (semi-aqueous solvent)
- Predeposition cleaning with brush scrubber, megasonic treatment in DI H2O, application of cryogenic aerosols, or use of supercritical CO2
Resist strip applications using an advanced immersion wet bench have been in use for years, in particular for BEOL applications. Due to the configurability and advanced features found in RENA platforms, solvent benches can be used for polymer removal, both in the FEoL and after metallization.
RENA optimizes process time, and chemical usage through the use of the medium with partial replenishment. Defect rates are kept low due to the advanced process monitoring and filtering systems. Intermediate rinses can be implemented without loss in productivity. RENA enhances the performance of the strip or clean by megasonic, ultrasonic, and/ or physical agitation.
FEoL Clean (Front End of Line Clean)
FEOL involves Plasma-stripping photolithographic mask and impurities after ion implantation or etching.
FEoL Clean features:
- Aqueous-based residue removal and cleaning using SPM (sulfuric acid and hydrogen peroxide mixture) or O3(ozonated) DI H2O (deionized H2O)
- Critical surface cleaning and surface conditioning prior to gate oxide deposition usingSC-1/SC-2 (RCA Standard Clean 1 and 2), HF or dilute ozonated SC-1, dilute SC-2 and dilute HF (dHF) solutionRinsing with DI H2O
- Wafer drying using IPA (isopropyl alcohol) in preparation for high-temperature oxide growth or polysilicon deposition or metal sputtering
Native oxide film elimination for the oxide film deposition. Particle removal must be complete and etch rates must be tightly controlled. Resulting in a surface that must be free from particulates, metallics, and organic contamination. In some cases, such as the deposition of epitaxial Si, it needs to have aH-terminated Si surface that is free from any native or chemical oxide.
With IDX Flexware process control software RENA can offer consistent superior application solutions and application resulting
- Shorter Rinse Times
- Reduced DI Water consumption
- Increased Throughput
- Recipe-driven concentration control
Contact our Experts
We are happy to help our customers find efficient and process-optimized solutions for their wet processing applications.